- A Kid's Guide to Dog Care
- Agility Association of Canada
The AAC is committed to promoting inclusive, competitive dog agility for all handlers and dogs without regard to pedigree.
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
A great resource of information for pet owners.
- American Kennel Club
An American organization dedicated to the the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of purebred dogs
- Canadian Association of Rally Obedience
- Canadian Kennel Club
A non-profit, national service organization focused on the promotion and advancement of purebred dogs in Canada.
- Cat Watch Newsletter
A newsletter for cat owners from Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine. A subscription is required.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
The mission of CAPC is to foster animal and human health, while preserving the human-animal bond, through recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control of parasitic infections.
- Dog Watch Newsletter
A newsletter for dog owners from Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine. A subscription is required.
- Dogs In Canada Magazine
- Dr Fraser Hale, Board-Certified Veterinary Dentist
An excellent website providing reference materials for pet owners regarding dental care of dogs and cats, ie. How to Brush Your Pet’s Teeth and other Home Care Options
- Hill's Pet Nutrition
Nutritional information including that on Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage.
- Indoor Pet Initiative
advice to help enrich the life of your indoor cat and companion dog
- Information about poisonous plants
From Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Morris Animal Foundation
A global leader in supporting scientific research that advances veterinary medicine
- Muskoka District Kennel Club
A non profit organization, run by volunteers, providing dog obedience and other dog sports classes year round.
- New Puppy! Now What?
Training video by Victoria Schade
- North American Mixed Breed Registry
A non-profit volunteer club of members who are interested in pursuing titles on their mixed breed companions.
- Novartis Animal Health
An informative website for current or prospective pet owners
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
Guidelines for screening for genetic and orthopedic diseases in breeding dogs.
- Pet Health Network
Answers from veterinarians about your pet’s health, behaviour, and care.
- Pet Loss Support – Community Torchlight
Offering free, telephone-based listening, support, referral, and crisis assistance (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) by trained staff and volunteers. All calls are confidential.
- Pet Loss Support – Ontario Veterinary College
Information on pet loss support
- Pet Poison Helpline 1-866-897-8049
Veterinarians specializing in pet poisonings of all kinds are available for consultation. A one-time fee per case is charged for medical advice.
- Pet Travel
An essential resource for information on international pet travel. NOTE: it can take months to prepare the necessary paperwork and fulfill requirements for pet travel to some countries.
- Pet Trust – Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph
OVC Pet Trust is Canada`s first charitable fund entirely dedicated to advancing the health and well being of companion animals
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diets
Nutritional information including that on Veterinary Products and Pet Store Products
- Sirius Puppy Training
by Dr Ian Dunbar
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (USA)
Information on purebreed cats.
- Town of Bracebridge By-laws: Dog Licensing and Dogs at Large
- Town of Gravenhurst: Dog Licensing Information
- Veterinary Information Network
Pet-owner friendly articles on various pet medical conditions.
- Worms and Germs Blog from The Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario
An educational website that focuses on infectious diseases of companion animals, with an emphasis on zoonotic diseases (diseases that can be transmitted from animals to people).